Wide range of accredited and non-accredited courses. Includes NSW Licensee training and Advance Licensee training.
FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR AGED CARE & CHILD CARE
- HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
- HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements
Health and community food supervisor online training course
These three units make up the Food Safety Supervisor Certificate for the Health and Childcare Industry. These units are approved and recognised by every Australian State and Territory. You will receive all three units on the one certificate.
* non-accredited course. Receive a certificate of completion.
|Cost||$130 only. No more to pay! (inc GST)|
|Unit code & name||HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace|
|Pre-requisite||No previous knowledge or experience required.|
|Delivery||All content delivered online with an offline practical skills demonstration. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information.|
|Duration||Please allow approximately 18-24 hours to complete your online training course plus supervisor reports. Remember, you are completing 3 units in one course. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information. From the time of enrolment, you have four weeks to complete your training course.|
|Payment||Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility.|
|Qualification||National Statement of Attainment sent by email ONLY.|
|Valid||Valid in all states of Australia in the health & community sector. Please check with your local council or employer to confirm course you require.|
|Learner’s rights||Click here to read… our student handbook and documents relating to learner’s rights including our complaints and appeals procedure.|
It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The online component of the course takes approximately 18-24 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. Plus the projects, and the completion of the supervisor reports. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers which questions you answered correctly.
You have 4 weeks from the date of enrolment to complete your course. After that, your course will expire, and you will not be able to access it. There are no refunds if you do not complete the course within the given time frame.
How does it work?
Click “Start Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you have immediate access to your “My Training”. Click on the name of the course to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken down into small, manageable sections designed to improve your learning. At the end of each section is a multiple choice quiz. Please read the assessment tab for more information on how the assessment works.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn:
- the obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- the correct ways of food handling and storage
- potential hygiene risks
- correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- the standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
- the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning).
- implement and monitor the food safety program
- identify food hazards
- monitor food safety hazards
- record results and monitoring information
- how to communicate food safety requirements and procedures to others in the workplace
- how to ensure that personnel in the food area are supported to meet food safety requirements.
- the recording requirements in relation to food safety according to regulatory standards
- operational policies and procedures to ensure food safety
A unique email address not previously used by another student.
A driver’s licence, passport, another form of photo-identity, such as an 18+ card or a student card that includes DOB and photo.
Unique student identifier (USI) – a federal government requirement. You can get a USI as part of your registration. Click here to visit the USI website.
Device – computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone with internet access and current internet browser.
A commercial kitchen with food ingredients and ready-to-eat food items.
A qualified Food Safety Supervisor to supervise your practical activity.
As part of your assessment, you are to demonstrate how to use hygiene practices for food safety within the workplace. Please read the assessment tab for full details. There are no refunds if you complete this course but then cannot get the Supervisor Report signed off. There is no Statement of Attainment without the Supervisor Report.
You are assessed using the following methods:
- Multiple choice questions;
- Written questions;
- Project-based assessment including:
- Non-conformance action plan
- Food safety meeting
- Three (3) Supervisor Reports
To be deemed competent in this subject, you are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly.
Multiple Choice Questions
There are a number of sections in this course. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to move onto the next section.
How it works:
1. Read the question;
2. Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
3. Press “Submit”;
4. Move to the next question;
5. At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment. If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will have repeat all the questions for that section. You will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the assessment for that section. When you complete all sections, you can move onto the written questions.
Written short answer questions
For this part of the assessment, you are required to look at a series of photographs and identify the food hazard or incorrect procedure.
Written answers to food safety problems
There are 13 food safety problems to address including
- Reviewing the temperature log provided and identifying breach or non-conformance and the actions to take
- Identifying how to respond to the provided food safety issues, including the actions to take and the reporting or recording.
Project-based assessment Non-conformance action plan
For this part of the assessment, you are required to review the results of an internal food safety audit and complete a non-conformance action plan To assist you, there is one example of a non-conformance already on the plan. You are required to identify two (2) further non-conformances from the audit, and describe how you will:
- investigate the breaches
- revise or develop policies/procedures to prevent further breaches
- communicate the changes, and whom you will communicate the changes to.
Manage a food safety meeting
You are required to run a staff food safety meeting within your workplace and submit the minutes of the meeting. You may use the template provided or your own workplace minutes. If possible, this should be conducted as a real workplace food safety meeting that you have run and managed. Requirements for the meeting:
- Minimum three (3) people including yourself
- You must address a minimum of three (3) food safety topics. See below for suggested topics
- You must minute the meeting and submit the minutes.
Suggested topics to be covered in your meeting:
- Communicating changes to the food safety program (e.g. new documentation)
- Complaints or identified non-conformances and how they’re being investigated or addressed
- Updates on any ongoing or previous investigations
- Review of policies or procedures (e.g. the cleaning schedule)
- Schedule or run a brief training session on a specific food safety topic
- Communication of any changes to Food Safety legislation
- Communication of any changes to organisational menus, allergen management or suppliers
After completing the online assessment, you are required to complete and return 3 Supervisor Reports – one for each unit of competency covered in this course. The reports are part of the overall assessment. The reports are located in the final assessment of the course. No statement of attainment is issued until all 3 reports are returned.
What is this report for?
As part of the assessment for this unit, you are required to provide evidence from an employer or supervisor. This evidence is used to validate your skills and knowledge.
What do I have to do?
For each of the three (3) supervisor reports:
- Work a minimum of THREE (3) separate shifts, for a minimum of 3 hours per shift, shift dates after you start this online course. This means you must complete a total of NINE (9) shifts.
- Be observed by a supervisor qualified to complete this report (see below); and
- Complete all the tasks listed in the report.
The tasks require you to demonstrate that you can work following the organisation’s food safety procedures and legislation and includes: Tasks: HLTFSE001
- Implement procedures for food safety;
- Store food safely
- Prepare food safely
- Provide safe single-use items
- Maintain a clean environment
- Dispose of food safely
- Access and interpret workplace hygiene procedures
- Use two (2) monitoring methods for implementing the food safety program
- Identify two (2) unsafe food items
- Implement corrective action and report to supervisor
- Identify two (2) potential or actual food safety hazards through applying and monitoring procedures
- Investigate processes and recommend corrective action
- Supervise workplace food safety program implementation to legal requirements
- Supervise at least two (2) kitchen staff over each of the three (3) shifts
- Identify and revise at least two (2) policies or procedures that may result in a food safety breach
- Communicate changes to kitchen and service staff
- Investigate at least two (2) breaches or complaints and implement corrective action and controls
After the completion of your supervisor report, you must also:
- Identify (two) 2 monitoring methods
- Identify (two) 2 unsafe food items and the actions taken
- Identify (two) 2 food safety records and describe their importance and the procedure to ensure the record is maintained.
Where can I work?
You must work in a real food production workplace. It can be a kitchen in an aged care facility, hospital, community food service or childcare centre. The workplace must have:
- A commercial food preparation area;
- Large and small equipment
- Real workplace documentation that complies with the requirements of Safety Standard 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices and General Requirements as per Food Standards Australia New Zealand.
If you are not currently working within the industry, you may be able to volunteer at another workplace to complete your assessment tasks.
Who can sign this report?
The most appropriate person to complete this supervisor report is your workplace supervisor or someone with whom you currently work. If a supervisor is not available, any person with at least one of the following qualifications is suitable:
- A manager of a food business; OR ;
- A person with at least 2 years of commercial food preparation experience; OR
- A Food Safety Supervisor or Head Chef; OR
- A person with any of the following food safety qualifications:
- Participate in safe food handling practices (SITXFSA201 or SITXFSA002)
- Apply retail food safety practices (SIRRFSA001A)
- Or equivalent.
Verification of this report
The supervisor completing this report may be contacted by our assessment team to verify the authenticity of the report, and to confirm their food production experience. Please ensure that the supervisor’s correct contact details are provided. Failure to provide the supervisors correct contact details may result in a delay of your certificate being issued.
HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to comply with personal hygiene, maintain food safety, contribute to cleanliness of food handling areas and dispose of food. This unit applies to food services workers who work under supervision and within defined guidelines. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
1. Comply with personal hygiene standards as required by the food safety program
1.1 Follow personal hygiene procedures
1.2 Report health conditions and/or illness and follow organisation procedures for continuing participation in food services
1.3 Follow organisation requirements for wearing bandages and dressings
1.4 Wear appropriate clothing, personal protective clothing and footwear and maintain cleanliness to avoid contamination
1.5 Follow hand washing procedures and use required facilities
2. Contribute to the cleanliness of food handling areas according to the food safety program
2.1 Maintain the workplace in a clean and tidy order to meet workplace requirements
2.2 Comply with workplace measures to prevent pests entering food premises
2.3 Identify and report indicators of pest presence
3. Follow food safety program
3.1 Handle and store food according to the food safety program
3.2 Store, use and dispose of single use items appropriately to avoid damage and contamination
3.3 Keep food for disposal separate and follow procedures for food disposal
3.4 Identify and report processes and practices which are not consistent with the food safety program 3.5 Take corrective action within level of responsibility
3.6 Report any corrective action to supervisor and according to legislative and organisation documentation requirements
HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to control and monitor food safety and respond to non-conformance as required by the food safety program. This unit applies to food services workers who implement the requirements of the food safety plan. Work is performed under supervision and within defined guidelines. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
1. Implement and monitor the food safety program
1.1 Identify food safety hazards and respond to unsafe food and complaints
1.2 Monitor and control food safety hazards in accordance with food safety program requirements 1.3 Follow procedures to identify and separate product which is or may be non-conforming and/or implement other necessary corrective action
1.4 Promptly report non-conformance where food safety control requirements are not met
1.5 Record results of monitoring and maintain records in accordance with food safety program requirements
2. Assist in the identification of breaches of food safety procedures
2.1 Assist in identifying potential and actual unmet food safety requirements
2.2 Identify practices or processes in own work that could result in unsafe food
2.3 Participate in investigating and reporting on unsafe food as identified by internal monitoring and/or customer complaints
HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to supervise the day-to-day implementation of the food safety program across the entire business, process or food handling area. This unit applies to workers who oversee and support others to implement the requirements of the food safety plan. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
1. Support colleagues to implement the food safety program
1.1 Communicate food safety requirements and procedures to others in the workplace
1.2 Support people in the food area to meet food safety requirements
1.3 Instruct food handlers on food safety program and legal requirements for completing food safety records
2. Control food safety in the workplace
2.1 Identify processes and procedures that have or could result in a food safety breach
2.2 Implement procedures and controls for responding to and preventing food safety breaches
2.3 Investigate actual and potential non-conformance and complaints from clients relating to food safety
2.4 Respond to non-conformance and follow procedures to identify, separate and/or recall non-conforming food
2.5 Develop or revise procedures to support food safety control and prevent further breaches
2.6 Communicate all additional and/or revised processes and procedures to food handlers
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log into my account?
Go to http://cleartowork.energe3.com.au/ Click on ‘Login’ at the top right of the screen. Enter your email address and the password you set up when you enrolled in the course. Click on ‘My Training’ at the top right of the screen.
I can’t log in? It says incorrect email or password
The system automatically sends an email with the details you set up. The email may be in your junk/spam folders. No email? You made a typing mistake on your email when you registered with us. Send us an email email@example.com
How do I start my course?
I have paid my money but do not know how to start the course. From your ‘My Training” screen, click on the name of the course to start, or click the start button beside the name of the course.
Its asking me to pay again? Are you trying to rip me off?
Click on “My training” (top right of screen) Click on the name of the course to start, or click the start button beside the name of the course.
It says my course is expired?
You have 4 weeks from date of enrolment to complete your course. After that, your course will expire, and you will not be able to access it. There are no refunds if you do not complete the course within the time frame given.
How do I get to “my training”?
To start your course, click on the name of the course in you “My Training” screen. Go to http://cleartowork.energe3.com.au/login Enter your email and password (this is what you set up when you registered for the course), Click “Sign in” to get to “My Training”.
No courses in “My Training”
I have paid my money, but have no courses Your internet connection dropped out before sending our system the payment confirmation code. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Eway receipt and the courses will be added to your account.
Download your Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Completion
Beside the name of the course you have completed is a paperclip (in the certificate column), click the paperclip to download, save and print your certificate.
I purchased more than one course, how do I log into the other courses that I purchased?
Log into your “My Training” account. To do this, go to Log In from the far right of the screen our website, enter your email and password. From the ‘My Training’ screen, simply click on the course name to start.
In what format are my certificates? Can I save them?
The certificates are in PDF format. You can save the attachment to your hard drive, portable hard drive or memory stick.
Can I print the certificate?
Yes, simply open the PDF attachment and print it.
I cannot find my Statement of Attainment or Certificate. How do I get another copy?
Simply log into your training account and re-print them.
Is there an age limit to complete online RSA & RSG courses?
There is no upper or lower age limit for completing RSA or RSG training. However, if you are under 18 years old, you may have limited vocational outcomes after completing this course, as some states require you to be 18 years old to work in a licensed venue.
Which payment gateway do you use? Is it secure?
We use eWAY. eWAY take transaction security very seriously. Card numbers are stored under heavy encryption on bank-grade servers, with backups in multiple cities.
How can I pay?
You can pay online with a credit card.
How do I enrol?
Simply click the “start now” button, complete the student details, and accept the terms and conditions then proceed to the payment page. Once your payment is complete, you will be taken straight to your “My Training” screen. Simply click the name of the course to begin.
When can I start the course? Do I need to receive an email to start the course?
As soon as your payment is processed you are taken straight to “my training” screen. Read the on this page to learn how to access your “My Training” account. You will receive an email with your username, password and course details. This is for your reference only. Please check your spam/junk files if you cannot find it. However, you do not need this email to begin the course.
Why do I need to enter my date of birth during enrolment?
We are required to verify your identify. It is a government requirement that we capture this information.
How will my name appear on my certificate?
Our system will print your name EXACTLY as you enter it into the enrolment screen. Please take care to spell your name correctly and use capitals correctly.
What happens if I enter the wrong information during enrolment? Can it be changed?
Simply send an email to email@example.com and we can amend the information. Remember to be careful when entering your information; our system will print on your certificate EXACTLY what you enter at the enrolment screen.
I cannot remember my password. What do I do?
Your password is in the email that you received on enrolment. Please check your spam/junk files if you cannot find it. If you cannot find the email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to finish the course in one session?
Refer to the individual course, for requirements.
How do I log back into a course?
Go to email@example.com, select “Log in continue course” from the far-right hand side of the screen. At the log in screen, enter your email address and password. From your “My Training” screen, click on the name of the course you wish to continue.
What type of computer can I use?
You do not need to install software, so it does not matter which type of computer you use. You can use any computer that connects to the internet.
Can I use a computer other than my home computer?
Yes, you only need access to the internet to access your course.
How does the course work?
Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with login details. The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Is there an exam? How am I assessed?
Assessment details for each course are clearly listed on each course pages under the heading” How am I assessed”. Each course contains online assessment which includes multiple choice. Please read the assessment tab for this course. There are NO refunds if you fail to read how the assessment works.
How will I know if I got the question right?
At the end of all the questions, will be given a summary of the questions you got wrong. If you got any questions wrong, you need to complete the whole assessment for the section you are on before you move onto the next course. Yes, even if you only got one wrong.
How long do I have to finish my course?
You have 4 weeks from the date of enrolment to complete your course. After that, your course will expire, and you will not be able to access it. There are no refunds if you do not complete the course within the time frame given. If you could not find the answer to your question, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER UNIT OF COMPETENCY
- SITXFSA001: Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002: Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXFSA001 + SITXFSA002 – Combined course
- NSW Food Safety Supervisor
- HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements
- HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
- HLTFSE001 + HLTFSE005 + HLTFSE007 – Combined course
Training and assessment is conducted by Clear to Work Pty Ltd RTO 21907.
Your Statement of Attainment will be issued by Clear to Work Pty Ltd.